We look for projects, activities and initiatives that:
- support our catchment communities of Fremantle, Cockburn, Kwinana and Rockingham and surrounding areas
- are aligned with Fremantle Ports’ Values and our four key areas of focus
- identify needs of our catchment communities, make a real difference, contribute positively and reflect community priorities
- create opportunities for promotion, communication and interaction
- involve Fremantle Port, Victoria Quay or Fremantle Ports employees in a positive way.
We also provide in-kind support and welcome applications on this level.
What we cannot support:
- personal assistance requests
- activities that do not align with our Values
- activities that cannot demonstrate a clear connection to Fremantle Ports or its local communities
- travel and accommodation costs
All applications must be submitted online and contain the following information:
To be considered, it is important you answer all the questions on our application form. For example:
- Include a clear and concise description of the sponsorship, activity or initiative.
- Give full details of the request and its aims, objectives and expected outcomes.
- Detail how the request aligns with Fremantle Ports’ Values.
- Address each criterion.
- Attach a brief marketing and promotional plan that sets out how you would acknowledge Fremantle Ports’ involvement.
- Detail your target audience and how your initiative supports and makes a difference to the community.
Funding rounds and response time:
Fremantle Ports' Community Investment Committee receives a large number of requests. Applications are considered four times a year (April, July, October and January). Therefore, applications must be received by the following dates to be eligible for consideration:
Funding round 1: closing date 31 March
Funding round 2: closing date 30 June
Funding round 3: closing date 30 September
Funding round 4: closing date 31 December
We see our community investments as a partnership. Should your application be successful, Fremantle Ports will work with you to ensure you can meet your obligations under the agreement. Organisations that are unable to meet their obligations under a community investment sponsorship may not be successful with future applications. We can provide advice and assistance to you on this and encourage you to contact us to discuss your application.
Find out how you can explore the port or get ferry and cruise info...