Fremantle Ports is committed to the health and safety of our community, employees, port users and service providers. Fremantle Ports is ensuring the ongoing facilitation of the vital link of trade to bring the community essential supplies while doing everything to mitigate the virus’s spread. We are guided by the Australian Department of Health and Australian Border Force’s introduced measures at ports nationally to prevent the spread of COVID-19. To ensure business continuity, we are actively taking measures to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. Those precautions are being taken at every level of our organisation in response to the latest advice from government.
There are no cruise ships at Fremantle. Fremantle Ports is complying with all regulations and directions from Government. The Australian Government has directed that no more cruise ships are to come to Australia until 17 December 2020.
Container, break-bulk and bulk trades are all continuing. All ships must provide pre-arrival health and quarantine information that is checked by Australian authorities. Ships from overseas that have received clearance by the authorities can berth in the port. If ships or crew have been fewer than 14 days at sea, crew must follow biosecurity directions. All crew must remain on-board while the vessel is berthed in Australia. Crew are able to disembark to conduct essential vessel functions only and crew must wear personal protective equipment (PPE) while performing these functions. Crew should restrict their interaction with non-crew members to those interactions that are critical to the safe operation and loading/unloading of the vessel. Crew must also use PPE in public spaces on board the vessel while non-crew members are on-board. There is currently no shore leave for any crew. To ensure ongoing trade and supply of goods, international and interstate maritime crew change-outs are permitted and are being managed by the WA Health Department.
Suppliers and deliveries
The foyer of Fremantle Ports' Administration Building in Fremantle is now open during business hours (weekdays 8am-5pm). Suppliers to Fremantle Ports are requested to review their provision of goods and services to Fremantle Ports. If any interruption or delay in supply of critical items is expected, suppliers should notify Fremantle Ports immediately via [email protected]
There are several important websites providing information about COVID-19 you may wish to visit:
- Australian Government (with information on the new 'Coronavirus Australia' app): https://www.australia.gov.au/
- WA Government: www.wa.gov.au/government/coronavirus-covid-19
- WA COVID hotline: 13COVID (13 26 843) - operating 7am-10pm, 7 days a week
- WA Government, Freight and logistics drivers FAQs: https://www.wa.gov.au/government/publications/freight-and-logistics-drivers-frequently-asked-questions
- National Coronavirus Helpline: 1800 020 080
- Federal Department of Health: www.health.gov.au
- WA Department of Health: https://ww2.health.wa.gov.au/
- Department of Home Affairs: www.homeaffairs.gov.au
- Smart Traveller: https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/
- World Port Sustainability Program: https://sustainableworldports.org/world-ports-covid19-information-portal/
If you have questions, please email [email protected] or call 08 9430 3555.
Find out how you can explore the port or get ferry and cruise info...