The Fremantle Ports Administration Building is closed to the public, but open for deliveries. Drivers please see sign at main entrance for instructions.
MSIC Service Centre: Please note that you must make an appointment to be seen. See information here.
Fremantle Ports is committed to the health and safety of our community, employees, port users and service providers. Fremantle Ports is ensuring the ongoing facilitation of the vital link of trade to bring the community essential supplies while doing everything to mitigate the virus’s spread. We are guided by the Australian Department of Health and Australian Border Force’s introduced measures at ports nationally to prevent the spread of COVID-19. To ensure business continuity, we are actively taking measures to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. Those precautions are being taken at every level of our organisation in response to the latest advice from government.
There are no international cruise ships at Fremantle. Fremantle Ports is complying with all regulations and directions from government.
Container, break-bulk and bulk trades are all continuing. All ships must provide pre-arrival health and quarantine information that is checked by Australian authorities. Ships from overseas that have received clearance by the authorities can berth in the port. All crew must remain on-board while the vessel is berthed in Australia. Crew are able to access the wharf to conduct essential vessel functions only and crew must wear personal protective equipment (PPE) while performing these functions. Crew should restrict their interaction with non-crew members to those interactions that are critical to the safe operation and loading/unloading of the vessel. Crew must also use PPE in public spaces on board the vessel while non-crew members are on-board. There is currently no shore leave for any crew. To ensure ongoing trade and supply of goods, international and interstate maritime crew change-outs are permitted and are being managed by the WA Health Department and WA Police.
Suppliers and deliveries
Suppliers to Fremantle Ports are requested to review their provision of goods and services to Fremantle Ports. If any interruption or delay in supply of critical items is expected, suppliers should notify Fremantle Ports immediately via [email protected]
There are several important websites providing information about COVID-19 you may wish to visit:
- Australian Government: https://www.australia.gov.au/
- WA Government: www.wa.gov.au/government/coronavirus-covid-19
- WA COVID hotline: 13COVID (13 26 843) - operating 7am-10pm, 7 days a week
- WA Government, Freight and logistics drivers FAQs: https://www.wa.gov.au/government/publications/freight-and-logistics-drivers-frequently-asked-questions
- National Coronavirus Helpline: 1800 020 080
- Federal Department of Health: www.health.gov.au
- WA Department of Health: https://ww2.health.wa.gov.au/
- Department of Home Affairs: www.homeaffairs.gov.au
- Smart Traveller: https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/
- World Port Sustainability Program: https://sustainableworldports.org/world-ports-covid19-information-portal/
If you have questions, please email [email protected] or call 08 9430 3555.
Find out how you can explore the port or get ferry and cruise info...