MSIC and Fremantle Ports Access
The MSIC with incorporated Fremantle Ports Access (dual capability single card) will cover your access requirements for Fremantle Ports berths 1 & 2, 11 & 12 and Victoria Quay in the Fremantle Inner Harbour and Kwinana facilities Kwinana Bulk Terminal and Kwinana Bulk Jetty. The MSIC component of the card is the initial requirement
for areas within other regulated ports, around and onboard regulated Australian ships, and security zones on offshore oil and gas facilities.
1. Read the MSIC application guide.
2. Complete the MSIC Application Form (desktop/ iPad/ tablet)
3. Gather the following documentation to support your application (as per the MSIC application guide):
- proof of identity (see MSIC application guide section 10; if you don’t have original Australian ID, please contact the MSIC Service Centre on 9430 3417 to discuss your ID requirements before attending your appointment)
- proof of eligibility to work in Australia
- evidence of an operational need to hold an MSIC (see the MSIC - Company Letter Template)
- completed Fremantle Ports’ MSIC Application Form
- payment (prices include GST - refer to the MSIC Application Form or MSIC application guide section 12)
- review the Fremantle Ports Conditions of Entry.
4. Arrange an appointment to lodge your application with the MSIC Service Centre via the online booking service. At the appointment you will have your photo taken and you will be given a unique Application Identification Number.
5. Please ensure you have read and understood the MSIC Conditions of Use before you make application.
(Please note: After an MSIC application has been lodged your money cannot be refunded.)
Access to Fremantle Ports
Your application to access Fremantle Ports will be reviewed by the Fremantle Ports Port Security Officer.
Collecting your MSIC
When Fremantle Ports has notified you that your MSIC is approved, arrange an appointment via the online booking service with the MSIC Service Centre to collect your MSIC. Provide photo identification (e.g. driver's licence) at collection. All previously issued MSICs and/or Access Cards must be handed in when you collect your new card, the card expires or it is cancelled.
Apply for MSIC
Fremantle Ports Conditions of EntryFremantle Ports Condition of Entry
Online Booking ServiceExternal Page
MSIC PrivacyHow your personal information is kept private
Escort Application FormApply to escort people who don’t have MSIC/FPA Access
MSIC Conditions of Use.pdf 48 KB
MSIC and Fremantle Ports AccessApply for MSIC and access to Fremantle Ports
MSIC OnlyApply just for MSIC but not access to Fremantle Ports
Find out how you can explore the port or get ferry and cruise info...