The MSIC with incorporated Fremantle Ports Access (dual capability single card) will cover your access requirements for all Fremantle Ports berths in the Fremantle Inner Harbour and Kwinana facilities. The MSIC component of the card is the initial requirement for areas within other regulated ports, around and onboard regulated Australian ships, and security zones on offshore oil and gas facilities.
Follow the steps below to obtain your MSIC and Fremantle Ports access card.
MSIC/Fremantle Ports Access applicant procedure:
1. Read the MSIC induction.
2. Complete the MSIC Application Form.
3. Gather the following documentation to support your application (as per the MSIC induction):
- proof of identity
(either) original full *Australian Birth Certificate or *Current Passport or *Australian Citizenship Certificate. Note: Photocopies, extracts or copies certified by a JP will not be accepted
original *Australian Driver’s Licence
original Change of Name Certificate (if a change of name has ever been acquired)
proof of eligibility to work in Australia
evidence of an operational need to hold an MSIC
demonstrated requirement to access Fremantle Ports
* If you do not have original Australian ID, please contact the MSIC Service Centre (9430 3580 or 9430 3384) to discuss your ID requirements before you attend your appointment.
4. Arrange an appointment to lodge your application with the MSIC Service Centre (9430 3580 or 9430 3384). (Arrangements to pay by invoice should be organised at this time.) At the appointment you will have your photo taken and you will be given a unique Application Identification Number.
6. Payment by cash, cheque, credit card or EFTPOS is available at the MSIC Service Centre ($288 per card for two years or $460 per card for four years).
7. Following lodgement, Fremantle Ports will request AusCheck to conduct a background check. AusCheck will send you a letter advising the outcome to your nominated postal address.
8. Your application to access Fremantle Ports will be reviewed by Fremantle Ports Harbour Master.
9. For all cards incorporating Fremantle Ports access, you are required to complete a Safety Induction and provide the printed Safety Induction Certificate before you collect your card. If you skip sections, your details will not be registered. Go to the Safety induction page.
10. After you are advised that your MSIC is approved, arrange an appointment with the MSIC Service Centre to collect your MSIC. Provide photo identification (eg. driver’s licence) at collection.
11. All previously issued MSICs and/or Access Cards must be surrendered on collection of the new card.
(Please note: After an MSIC application has been lodged, a monetary refund cannot be made.)