Strong annual results reported by Fremantle Ports in 2023
- Before-tax profit of $67 million,
- Total value of trade $46,183,798,392 (AUD 46.18 billion),
- Record in container trade of 809,709 TEU (twenty-foot equivalent units), up from 792,021 TEU last year.
- Pleasing progress has been made towards the goals outlined in Fremantle Ports' Strategic Plan, which prioritises key safety, sustainability, efficiency and reliability, capacity and engagement.
- as a major employer - directly and indirectly supporting thousands of jobs,
- by providing opportunities for local businesses that have helped to deliver more than $100 million in infrastructure and asset improvements,
- boosting local economic growth by securing supply chains through exports and imports,
- and through direct investments and in-kind sponsorships and support for grassroots community initiatives linked to its operations in Fremantle and Kwinana.
Doing so is in keeping with Fremantle Ports' corporate values of collaboration, accountability, respect and excellence.
Mr Parker's sentiments were echoed by Board Chair, Chris Sutherland, who reflected on the most recent financial year: "It has been one of growth and adaptation to change, and the congruence of these has seen our organisation demonstrate resilience and agility as we have lifted to meet these challenges."
Fremantle Ports' Annual Report 2022-23 is now available to download in full.
Find out how you can explore the port or get ferry and cruise info...