MSIC / Port Access
1. The MSIC background check eligibility criteria has changed. Review the new criteria and your self-reporting requirements here: Department of Home Affairs Letter to Cardholders - New Tiered and Harmonised Eligibility Criteria. See the FAQs and Flowchart.
2. You may experience delays with your police check. Find out more here: NPCS Processing Delays - Notification to applicants and employers.
3. You must book an appointment to attend the MSIC Service Centre or you will not be seen. Please click here to make a booking.
Australia's nationwide identification card for the maritime industry is the Maritime Security Identification Card (MSIC). The Fremantle Ports MSIC Service Centre is an approved MSIC issuing body.
- You need an MSIC to enter a maritime restricted zone.
- You need an MSIC and Fremantle Ports Access to enter a Fremantle Ports restricted zone.
Kwinana Bulk Terminal access
For access to Kwinana Bulk Terminal, you may need to apply for a Kwinana Bulk Terminal operational induction card. Call 9410 8384 for information.
Please contact Port Access if you have not received a response within 12 hours.
Ph: 9430 3550 | E: [email protected]
An online Escort Application Form must be completed, submitted and approved before the escorting takes place.
There are three types of cards Fremantle Ports can issue. Click on the link below to learn more:
MSIC Application FormDownload
MSIC Application GuideDownload
MSIC - Company Letter TemplateSee the example letter you need from your company
Fremantle Ports Access Only Application FormDownload the application form
Fremantle Ports Access Only - Company Letter TemplateSee an example of a letter you need from your company for Fremantle Ports access
MSIC Conditions of UseDownload
Online Booking ServiceBook an appointment online
Find out how you can explore the port or get ferry and cruise info...