Supporting the community
Contributing to our community
Fremantle Ports offers many opportunities for the community to enjoy free family entertainment at events such as the arrival and departure of famous cruise liners, visiting naval and research vessels, and the popular annual Fremantle Ports Maritime Day. In addition, we provide in-kind and some financial sponsorship and partnership opportunities.
We contribute to a broad range of community and education projects, with monetary and in-kind sponsorship of a wide range of community organisations in the Fremantle, Cockburn and Kwinana-Rockingham areas. The support reflects Fremantle Ports’ priorities and values.
We are interested in supporting these types of projects:
- educational programs or projects, particularly on a maritime theme
- youth leadership programs or initiatives aimed at giving young people opportunities for self-development
- environmental projects
- arts and cultural projects with a local community focus.
Preference will be given to projects and initiatives that:
- benefit the local community in the general port area (Inner Harbour at Fremantle and Outer Harbour at Kwinana)
- reflect Fremantle Ports’ values and objectives
- reflect community/stakeholder priorities in relation to the Port of Fremantle (e.g. caring for the environment)
- provide appropriate opportunities for recognition of Fremantle Ports’ support and corporate citizenship.
We receive many requests for sponsorship each year and, unfortunately, we cannot support every application. Sponsorship requests received are evaluated monthly. Please note that we don't provide funding for travel, accommodation, office running costs, capital works or individual pursuits, such as sporting events or sporting apparel.
To apply for sponsorship for your event, project or initiative, you need to submit a completed Sponsorship Request Form.
Fremantle Collapse and expand this accordion
- Fremantle Festival
- Fremantle Heritage Festival
- Fremantle Chamber Orchestra
- Impact 100
- Fremantle Surf Life Saving Club
- Fremantle Ports Swim Thru at South Beach
Kwinana Collapse and expand this accordion
- Kwinana Festival Fair Day and Concert
- Kwinana Industries Youth Arts Awards
- Castaways Sculpture Exhibition
- Gilmore College educational programs
Rockingham Collapse and expand this accordion
- Rockingham Senior High School
- Rockingham Arts and Crafts Awards
- Naragebup Rockingham Regional Environment Centre
- Hillman Primary School’s Maritime Education and Community Garden programs
Cockburn Collapse and expand this accordion
- Coogee Jetty to Jetty Swim/Run
- Cockburn Community and Cultural Council Inc. (Youth Visual and Performing Arts Festival)
- City of Cockburn Community Development Strategy that engages young people in environmentally-based initiatives
Environment projects Collapse and expand this accordion
In-kind sponsorship Collapse and expand this accordion
Fremantle Ports offers a range of in-kind sponsorship and support to organisations that are granted permission to conduct an event within the port area. Some events are the Rottnest Channel Swim, The Doctor World Cup ocean paddle, Red Bull Lighthouse to Leighton Open Ocean Kite Race and a range of sailing events.
Community partnerships Collapse and expand this accordion
We have a long-standing partnership with the Paraplegic Benefit Fund who have presented the youth road safety program in high schools since 2005 and the Aqua Prevention program since 2009. The aqua program aims to reduce serious aquatic injuries through presentations to primary school children in Fremantle Ports’ local areas, by a person who has sustained and permanent spinal cord injury due to an aquatic incident.
Youth education Collapse and expand this accordion
We are committed to working with organisations, tertiary institutions and schools in the Fremantle, Cockburn, Kwinana and Rockingham areas to support education and to increase understanding of the role of the maritime industry and the port. Fremantle Ports sponsors delivery of Life Saving WA's Life Skills for Life first aid course in local schools. Continued support for Aboriginal Bridging Course students at Curtin University and Murdoch University is also provided by Fremantle Ports.
Find out how you can explore the port or get ferry and cruise info...